LIM Lessons Site Terms of Service and Privacy
Effective Date: February 23, 2019
I. Information We Collect
When you register on our Site, you provide us with Personal Information such as your name, email address, and your location.
When you create a profile and/or become a language tutor or learner, you provide us with certain Personal Information such as your first and last name, email address, date of birth, and the city where you live. You also provide us with other information which allows us to personalize your experience as a tutor or learner such as username and password, language preference (including type, tier, level, and focus for learners), gender, time zone, native language, interests, education, and current profession. You are also able to express your preference for receiving the LIM Newsletter, updates from our blog, and discounts on lessons. Additionally, you have the option to provide a profile picture.
We also collect any information you voluntarily provide to us while using our Site or in connection with our services. We may automatically receive information from your use of this Site including your IP address, browser information, and the date and time of your visit.
II. How We Use the Information
We use the information we collect in various ways such as responding to your lesson requests, connecting you with other users for lessons, providing you with relevant coursework, improving your experience with our Site and services, and communicating with you.
III. Information We Share with Others
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties unless we provide you with prior notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, processing payments, or providing our services (“Other Parties”), with whom we may share your Personal Information for such purposes.
We may share or transfer your information, including your Personal Information, when we believe such action is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or to protect our rights, property, and/or safety, or that of you or our Other Parties.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. These parties will be unable to identify you based on this anonymous information.
IV. Third Party Links
You may opt-out of receiving cookies from the use of this Site by following the instructions in your web browser, although this may interfere with your ability to fully use and enjoy our Site.
VI. California Do Not Track Disclosures
Because LIM does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, LIM does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
VII. Children’s Privacy
LIM is committed to protecting the privacy of children and all of its users. Although we do not specifically market to children under the age of 13, we understand that parents may want to use our Site on behalf of their children in order to enroll them in language lessons. Before collecting, using or disclosing Personal Information from or about children, we will obtain consent from the parent or legal guardian. When you request a lesson on behalf of your child, you will have the option to provide your affirmative consent to the collection of your child’s Personal Information through the LIM Site. If you provide your consent, we will send you a confirmation email with a link to activate your child’s language learner account. As the parent or legal guardian, you are in control of your child’s Personal Information. If at anytime you wish for your child’s Personal Information to be deleted from our database, please contact us using the contact information found in this section.
If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her Personal Information on this Site, we will use that information only to respond directly to the child to inform him or her that parental consent is necessary to continue using our Site. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 13 in a manner inconsistent with the law, we will immediately delete such information from our database.
If you have any questions about how we handle children’s privacy, please contact us at:
Language in Motion LLC PO Box 930233 Verona, WI 53593-0233 (608) 514-1518 firstname.lastname@example.org
VIII. Choices and Access
You may always choose not to provide information on our Site even though this may interfere with your ability to take advantage of this Site and our services.
If you wish to review, access, update, or correct the Personal Information you have previously provided, you may do so by accessing your profile or contacting us.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, you may click the “unsubscribe” link available in the emails we send, or by contacting us.
IX. Users Outside the United States
This Site is hosted in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are using this Site outside the United States, please be aware that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers and databases are located. By using this Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence.
X. Changes to this Policy
We are continually improving and adding to the features and functionality of this Site and the services we offer through this Site. As a result of these changes, or changes in the law, we may need to update or revise this Policy. Accordingly, LIM reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any time, by posting the revised version of this Policy on this web page. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy via email. Your continued use of this Site will signal your agreement to the updated or revised terms of this Policy. You should visit this page from time to time to review any changes that we may have made.
Language in Motion LLC PO Box 930233 Verona, WI 53593-0233 (608) 514-1518 email@example.com
Last Modified: August 1, 2016
Welcome to LIM Lessons, the Site for Language in Motion, LLC. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND READ THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE YOU ACCESS OUR SITE OR USE ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
You MUST be 14 years of age or older to request and pay for lessons on LIM Lessons without express parental consent. If you are 13 years of age or younger, you must have a parent or legal guardian complete the lesson request and payment process. For Students 13 years of age or younger, your parent or legal guardian must enter his/her email address to complete the lesson request and payment process before you use LIM Lessons’s Service. Please review this agreement with your parent or legal guardian so that you both understand how LIM Lessons works and what restrictions apply to your use of our Site and services.
You agree to comply with all local rules including, without limitation, rules about the Internet, data security or privacy. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. Furthermore, you acknowledge that if you reside in a country outside of the United States your personal information may be transferred outside your home country. By using this Site, you consent to this transfer. In addition, if you reside in a country which is prohibited by law, regulation, treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations with the United States or its citizens, you may not use this Site. Such countries may include Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Serbia, Syria and Sudan, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with U.S. law in this regard.
Accessing the Site and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Site or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
• Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials. • You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes. • You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution. • If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications. • If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
• Modify copies of any materials from this site. • Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text. • Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Site or any Services or materials available through the Site. If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company name, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries). • For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise. • To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material [without our prior written consent], including any 'junk mail', 'chain letter' or 'spam' or any other similar solicitation. • To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing). • To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site. • Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site. • Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent. • Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site. • Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. • Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. • Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. • Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Prohibited Behavior in Lessons: In connection with your participation in any Lessons, you agree not to engage in any activity that would infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party intellectual property rights or that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate. You agree to engage in Lessons for the sole purpose of language teaching and learning. LIM may, at any time, remove any user that in the sole judgment of LIM violates this Agreement. To report any inappropriate activity with respect to a Lessons, please e-mail email@example.com.
LIM may, at any time, remove or restrict the profile of any Tutor that in the sole judgment of LIM engages in these prohibited behaviors: • Exchanging personal contact information. • Falsely or incorrectly confirming the completion or incompletion of Lessons. • Creating more than one tutor account. • Providing a false identity or false information in their Tutor profile. • Providing Learners with false information about LIM and the Service. • Engaging in disintermediation. • Not delivering a confirmed lesson. • Refusing to accept the Cancellation Policy. • Not including complete Tutor Notes for a lesson. • Not including a Homework Assignment with clear directions that is appropriate for the needs of their Learner for their lesson. • Sending aggressive or threatening messages or e-mails to our customer support.
False Information: In connection with your use of the Service, Site and App, you further agree that you will not: (i) share or publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage LIM or any third party; (ii) submit material that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iii) post advertisements or solicitations of business. LIM does not endorse any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed by Tutors or Learners, and LIM expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with such opinions, recommendations or advice.
The Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, 'Interactive Services') that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, 'post') content or materials (collectively, 'User Contributions') on or through the Site.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and [our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and] our [respective] licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material [for any purpose/according to your account settings].
You represent and warrant that:
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
Lessons may be recorded or monitored by LIM, through our video chat provider TokBox. You hereby consent to: (i) the monitoring or recording of any Lesson you engage in; (ii) LIM using such recordings for business purposes, including without limitation for purposes such as dispute resolution and improving the Service; (iii) such recording being made available to the other party to the Lesson; (iv) such recordings being made available for you to review, (vi) such recording being used or disclosed by LIM to the extent required by law or legal process or to the extent LIM deems necessary for purposes of enforcing or protecting its rights. If you have any questions concerning Tokbox and its practices, you may visit the TokBox website and learn how to contact TokBox at http://www.tokbox.com.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
• Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
• Disclose your identity or other information about you when we believe such action is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or to protect our rights (including intellectual property rights and the right to privacy), property, and/or safety, or that of you or third parties that help to operate our Site and provide the Service.
• Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
• Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
• Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person. • Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
• Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
• Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
• Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.